The latest at Oakdale Baptist Church
As conditions and information change concerning the coronavirus outbreak, we want to continue to keep you updated on decisions being made by the leadership of our church.
In light of the shutdown of schools and community events, and the urging of our national, state, and local leaders, we are taking the following steps which will go into effect on Wednesday, March 18th, 2020.
- Effective immediately, our services will go to online-only, and no in-person meetings will take place on our campus. This includes all worship services, classes, activities, and events. We will reassess this position on April 1st.
- For the next 2 Sundays (March 22nd and 29th) we will broadcast our worship service on Facebook Live at 11:00 a.m.
- Our church offices will continue operations, but staff are encouraged to work remotely as much as possible. Any staff who feel ill or who have anyone in their household exhibiting fever or any symptoms will stay home. We encourage church family to contact our ministers and staff by phone, email, or text until our offices resume normal activity.
- We will continue to evaluate this situation and our response on a week-by-week basis and provide church information at oakdalebc.com and on our “Oakdale Baptist Church Edmond” Facebook page. Please sign up for our church email list by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Facebook to receive announcements and updated information.
- As needs arise, we will be looking for opportunities to meet the needs of homebound and vulnerable people in our community. Stay tuned for communication about ways you and your family can help.
- Gather your family together and sing with us as Worship Pastor Jami Smith leads
- Pray with us as prayers are offered to God
- Open your Bibles and study with us as Pastor Justin Ford teaches.
- We encourage you to comment during the service and respond to the comments of others
- Take a picture of you and your family worshipping/studying together and post them on our Facebook page
- Continue to be faithful in supporting OBC financially (The “GIVE” tab on our webpage is the most convenient way to do this).
- Ask God, in His mercy, to stop this pandemic and save lives—not only in our communities but around the world, particularly in places that are unequipped medically to deal with the virus. (Isaiah 59:1-2)
- Pray for President Donald Trump and other government leaders—international, federal, state, and local—to have the wisdom to direct us in the best courses of action for prevention and care. (Romans 13:1–4)
- Scripture says—teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts. Pray that the Lord will give us wisdom in this moment of fear as the foundations of what we know are shaken, that others would realize how fragile life is and how real eternity is, and they would see their need to turn to God. (Psalm 90:12)
- Ask God to protect our missionaries and their families around the globe, using this global crisis to advance His Good News to the whole world. (Mark 16:15)
Hebrews 10:24-25 says, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
As we persevere through this difficult time, it is important that we stay prepared and take appropriate precautions. Even though we may not be able to meet together physically, we WILL not give up on worshipping God together as a church and community (even if we have to do it virtually!).