by: Paul Kersh
OBC Children’s Intern Candidates,
At Oakdale we believe that children are our most prized possession and our most profound responsibility. That’s why, over the past 99 years, we have worked very hard to lay a solid foundation for Children’s Ministry at OBC. We are blessed with a Children’s Pastor and volunteer leaders that want to share God’s love with our kids. Now we look forward to taking the next step in our journey by adding a Children’s Intern leader for our growing Children’s Ministry.
We are looking for someone who . . .
Is creative and passionate about Children’s Ministry and is considering that as a career
Loves leading children to worship and grow closer to God
Understands the value of a ministry that is constantly raising up and equipping new leaders
Wants children to LOVE their church experience
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for the Children’s Intern position at Oakdale, we encourage you to explore our web site (which offers many insights into our church and Children’s Ministry), look over our Children’s Intern Job Description (at bottom of page), and submit an updated resume and reference sheet by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will be praying for you as you seek God’s direction!
OBC Kid’s Minister
Oakdale Baptist Church
Children’s Ministry Intern
Reports directly to: Children’s Pastor
Position Purpose: Intern will work with the Children’s Pastor to further the mission and vision of OBC Kid’s through Sunday school, mid-week, special events and communications.
- Assist Children’s Pastor with various administrative tasks
- Help with any children’s ministry communication
- Work as an important member of leadership on the kid’s ministry team for special events and VBS.
- Vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
- High school graduate, working towards college degree
- Experience working with children, preferably in a ministry or church environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work with others
- Proficient in computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Creativity and proper use of social media
- Available on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings
- Must be available for 1 week of summer camp (June or July)
- Must be present for the week of VBS
- 1-year agreement; with yearly employee evaluations
- 8 hours per week average ($250 bi-weekly)
- Hands on ministry training
- Mentoring with experienced church leaders and staff
- 2 Sundays off per year, 2 Wednesday’s off per year-paid
- 2 Sundays as Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Flexibility in also having 2 other unpaid weeks off